Thursday, December 16, 2010

Almost Christmas!

So I haven't posted anything for a really long time, even though I meant to. Oh well, those first few posts really helped me put things into perspective. There's so much to be thankful for even when we don't think so. God throws a lot of unexpected things in our way, but He never gives us anything that we can't handle, and that is a lesson that I am still learning. I am still trying to truly trust that. Life isn't always easy, but I know that in the end it will all be worth it, when we are with God for eternity.
A lot of times I let my past haunt me, and that sounds like something really bad happened, but it didn't, quite the opposite really. I have such amazing memories, and oh too often I let my memories keep me hanging on too tightly to my past. We don't want to forget what has happened to us, but we don't want to let it keep us from living our lives now. Things are going to change, and we don't need to like it, but it needs to happen to allow time to go on. It might hurt at first, but once we realize that this is life now, we'll see how amazing it really is. How wonderful everything is, even what seems like the worst.
It's just over a week until Christmas, and I am happy to say that I feel as though I am really in the true spirit of Christmas this year. The Christmas season didn't come a moment too soon, and not a moment too late. It's been wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment