Sunday, May 15, 2011

Have You Ever Seen "The Other Side"?

“Alright, when I think ''other side'' I think of spirits, ghosts, and apparitions. And as much as a like to read about that kind of stuff, and how much it fascinates me, I have never "seen" the "other side". I’m not really sure what you're getting at by asking me that, but that's the only "other side" I can think of right now.”

“No, I haven’t seen the other side. The other side for me is, like, how people see me.”

“Well truthfully the "other side" makes me think of you know the other side of life... death. And I guess in some ways I have seen the other side as my grandparents have died. But in other ways I haven't.”

“The other side could mean anything from someone else’s point of view to death. I’m a person of simple English, I don’t try to impress people with big fancy words so this isn’t gonna be fancy and complicated. When it comes to seeing other people’s points of view yes I have seen the "other side" but it would be the other side of that discussion of that conversation not so much the big picture. I always try to look at the other side. If you’re going for the more drastic side like death then no I haven’t I’ve read about it I’ve read of people in battle that were close to dying one actually did but the medic was able to bring him back the all say it’s like floating one was saying that it looked like he was walking on light and that someone or thing told him that it wasn’t his time. Another was close but his wound was frozen shut because it was so cold and he said he could see himself his body on the ground and the medic working on him and the bullets passing all around him. I’m not sure if that answered your question I hope it did. So, I guess yes and no.”

“I have seen light. I have seen dark. I have seen yesterday. I have not yet seen tomorrow.”

“The other side. Yeah I feel like I’ve seen the other side. Even though I may only be a teenager I feel that I’ve seen a lot in my sixteen years. I have been through so much, but I feel like the “other side” is not just a “black-white” kind of question. My experiences have led me on this journey – life – and though I’ve caught a glimpse of it, there is only so much more to come.”

“I interpreted the “other side” as a point of view that is not my own personal point of view. Have I ever seen “the other side”? I have tried to see things from others view but no matter how well you try to put yourself in someone else’s shoes, your own experiences and ideas seem to get in the way. I think I have attempted to see “the other side” but I believe I am still seeing it as if it was from my point of view and not theirs.”

“That makes me think are the things you are doing in your life meaningful to you and do you yourself feel that your life is meaningful…if not, you have not seen the other side. In order to see the other side you have to believe in your faith and do what you think is right to make your life worth living.”

“Bad versus good.”

“Absolutely. In a world of “maybes” and “kind ofs” it is hard to be certain about anything. One thing that seems easy to take for granted is waking up the next morning being able to breather. When you are shoved into a situation in which that is questioned, you realize how uncertain life can be. All it took was ten minutes of being stuck in rocks to show me that there is life, and then there is death. During my traumatic surf accident I saw my innocent, perfect, All-American life flash before my eyes. This was a side of reality that I had never seen before. So, I suppose you could say that brisk August morning I ‘saw the other side’.”

“I have never seen the other side and hopefully not soon if you know what I mean…but apparently “judgment day” is coming, so we might see it then.”

“I think of heaven (she’s crossed..to the other side) and I see it every day in God’s wonderful creations (not just humans) and just life in general. In love, little bits of heaven.”

“The other side is the ability to see things at a new perspective that’s different from your own!”

“Yes, it’s called a mirror ;)”

“No, I don’t think I have but can any one person really tell you what the other side really is? So would you really know for sure if you had seen the other side or not?”

“If I have seen the other side I feel like I wouldn’t be as confused as I am right now, so the other side is something I probably couldn’t define ‘cause I haven’t seen it.”

“I think that the other side would be the other side of yourself, ‘cause you may grow up knowing and learning everything about yourself until you have that one moment of realization when you know that things have changed and because I’m not the same forever, I now need to get to know the other side of me.”

“No! I think the other side is experienced in a life or death situation!”

“I live a very comfortable life. I have done mission work where I see how hard other people struggle. That is the other side to me.”

“The “other side” to me would be the “single life”. Been there, done that – much rather be married!”

“There’s a possible after life, that’s one way it could be interpreted.”

“I have never seen the other side. To me, it means the other side as in death.”

“Yes, because you can be bullied, but you can also be the bully.”

“I saw the other side once, when God comforted me while hiking through the woods. I sat down and realized everything was calm and beautiful, when I heard God speak to me through the beauty of nature. That, I think, is what the other side means.”

“I saw the other side when I saw my back in the mirror.”

“No, I don’t know what that means.”

“Well, maybe by other side it could be a place where anything can happen. Maybe it’s heaven. But I think that the other side could be in dreams. While asleep dreaming, anything can happen.”

“I have seen the other side of some things, but I don’t know if I’ve seen this side.”

“I think of the other side as ‘the dark side’ and as a bad thing. I think of the other side as being tempted by the devil. I also think of it as the opposite of heaven.”

“The dark side.”

“No, I have not seen the other side. I never seem to understand why this girl, Jane, is so mean to me and I wanna know why.”

“I usually try to see the other side, but sometimes it’s difficult because my perspective is my perspective. While I try to analyze the issue from multiple directions, I am limited by my genetic makeup, my unique set of experiences, and how much sleep I got the night before.”

“No. The other side sounds like where you go when you die. I’ve imagined it, but don’t think I’ve ever been there.”

“I think that yes, I have seen the other side. I feel like that is the other side of life as we know it. Some things are negative with a positive side and the other way around. It is the way someone sees something. A point of view.”


So let me ask you, Have You Ever Seen "The Other Side"?

No comments:

Post a Comment