Sunday, November 21, 2010

Gratitude Journal-Day 1

Gratitude Journal-Day 1

So I'm going to start something new, and from now until Christmas I'm going to try and post about at least one thing a day that I'm thankful for.

I'm so thankful for my friends. All of them. I am in awe at what amazing friends God has given me. I have people who I can turn to about anything, people who I can always have a good time with. They genuinely care about me and they want me to be happy. I was standing in church this morning watching, listening, and singing along to many of my friends singing praise songs, leading our congregation in worship of the Lord, and realized how amazing they all are. This isn't the first time that I realized what wonderful people all of them are, it happens quite often. Even though I sometimes feel like there's nothing good going on, I should remember how amazing these people are. For a while I was having kind of a tough time with finding friends who care, and who want me to be happy, but recently God has given me some of the most amazing people ever.

I'm also thankful for the church that I am a part of, and my fellow Christians. I have been extremely blessed in the recent years with showers of love and care from people all throughout the church. My Christian faith has grown a lot in the past couple of years, and I have so many people who are growing with me and so many people who are leading us. It's through church that I met and became close to many of my best friends. God has been pouring out blessings through the church for me, and sometimes I don't even realize how amazing they all are until they're gone.

My family is always there for me, and I am extremely grateful for that. I know that I can always talk to anybody in my family, and even though we don't always get along, we love each other, and there isn't anything that I would change. It's simple, the way we care about each other, I am the oldest of three children, and though we have our arguments, I wouldn't trade them for the world. My parents always care about us, and always want us to be happy, and they are amazing parents.

There's a lot to be grateful for in the world, and sometimes I don't realize it, because sometimes I let my troubles cloud the way for them. I really am blessed in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment