Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gratitude Journal-Day 4

Gratitude Journal-Day 4

So today I've been thinking about traditions, and different seasons. I'm extremely thankful for the things that make certain times of the year oh so special. There are certain things that have happened year after year for me during certain holidays or times of the year, and it makes me so happy when they happen again, and so excited for them to happen. The Christmas music that I listen to every year makes my heart swell, and though I so desperately want to listen to it earlier and earlier this year, I have to stop myself, because if I don't, then it's not as special anymore, and it loses the meaning for me. There are certain things that I will not allow to be changed. For instance, as we were getting the house ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow, my dad suggested that we make the cranberry chutney tonight, instead of tomorrow, and I instantly said no. Every year for almost as long as I can remember, I wake up on Thanksgiving morning, get dressed, and go downstairs and help my daddy make the cranberry chutney. I am so thankful for the traditions and memories of different holidays and times of the year that make life so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment