Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

So today I'll take a break from my usual Gratitude Journal, and talk about Thanksgiving. I realized how truly blessed I am today right before we sat down to eat Thanksgiving dinner. My Cousins, Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, Parents, Siblings, and I were all standing in our kitchen around our countertop. It was covered in so much food, and my youngest cousin read a prayer that my Grandmother had printed out for our Grace. I really understood the true meaning of Thanksgiving as we bowed our heads, and prayed. She didn't say all of the words correctly, because some of them were rather large, but that made it even more authentic. I think that a lot of times in the past years during Thanksgiving, I didn't really truly grasp what it meant to be thankful, but this year I really felt the meaning of Thanksgiving.

There are so many memories that I have that are from Thanksgiving, or this holiday season, and I look forward to it every year. The music, the family time, the friend time, the snow, the trees, the lights, the turkey, the food, everything gives me such a sense of nostalgia, and I absolutely love it. Even though Thanksgiving is over in just a few short hours, I hope that I can keep the thankfullness that I have in my heart year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment